Thursday, July 15, 2010

Maintaining Your Teacher Web Page

Presenter: Gretchen Holzberger

Date: August 18, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Location: Carolina Forest High Lab B101

Description of Session: So, your administrator wants you to set up your teacher web page. But what do you put on there? When do you find the time? And how do you make the content cohesive? This session will provide teachers with steps for setting up and maintaining the teacher web page more efficiently and effectively.

Handouts: Session participants will receive handouts detailing steps for creating new pages, uploading documents onto new pages, and how to utilize calendar features.

Materials Necessary/Prerequisite Materials: Participants should bring SharpSchool login username and password.

Files:
How to Import Events on Calendar

15 comments:

sarah August 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Very helpful...I am a new teacher and had NO IDEA what to do with this and this session cleared up a great deal.

Twila,  August 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Good refresher. I have lots of work to do!

Kristen,  August 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM

This session was a great refresher. I have worked on my website before, but I didn't know how to do many of the things I learned in this session. Thanks:)

Elizabeth,  August 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM

The session was very helpful and easy for me to understand as I am "technologically impaired." Thanks for your help!

Anonymous,  August 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Good refresher. Teachers should have been reminded to know user names and passwords for SharpSchool for the session.

Stephanie,  August 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Thanks for such a helpful session. I love the handouts-very easy to understand.

Patrick R.,  August 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM

After a year of a blank teacher webpage, I hope I can now have an updated page!

Anonymous,  August 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM

This session was very helpful. The handout is beneficial for future references, as there is NEVER enough time to process all that we need to remember - in these staff development sessions.

ellen,  August 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM

This was fine, but she went too fast and didn't seem to go in any particular order. She did ask constantly if she could help anyone, but it's hard to ask questions when you don't know what you don't know.

Anonymous,  August 18, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Instructor was very helpful!! Eager to help and assist. My webpage ROCKS now.

Anonymous,  August 18, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Great Job! Wonderful opportunity to sit down and update teacher webpage.

Anonymous,  August 18, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Great session. Instructor was very helpful. Thanks for the information.

Tim Graham ECHS

Anonymous,  August 18, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Thanks for your help today, Gretchen. I have much work to do still, but at least I have a better idea of what to put on my page and how to get it there!

Anonymous,  August 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I loved that we were able to update and work on our pages. Learned some great things, but were able to implement them at the same time! :)

Anonymous,  August 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Thank you. I learned that there many function to explore. Thank you for helping me navigate through these tools.